Question Any plans for IKEv2 or WireGuard?

Upvote score
No rush, but other providers do offer these protocols. IKEv2 is great for higher speed and autoreconnect among other things and WireGuard would be nice to have, being part of the linux kernel.

Peter

Staff member
Upvote score
Hi @AtramentousFlux,

We have no plans for IKEv2. I don't want to say never, but it is highly unlikely we will ever support it. We do have plans for WireGuard and we will begin working on that as soon as we can. We have a fair bit of work to go before we get to that stage though.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Upvote score
IKEv2 would be awesome as my router supports that but not openvpn. I asked a while back if l2tp was going to be supported and was advised it wouldnt be, due to openvpn being the best method of handling the traffic routing their back end does. At least thats how I recall the answer being given, I hope I got it right :)

Peter

Staff member
Upvote score
Hi @dooley,

Long time - no see. Hope you have been well!

Yes, at this point our only plans are to support OpenVPN and in the near future to support WireGuard. We believe this will be the best approach.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Upvote score
Hi @dooley,

Long time - no see. Hope you have been well!

Yes, at this point our only plans are to support OpenVPN and in the near future to support WireGuard. We believe this will be the best approach.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Hey @Peter ,yeah, been good mate, thanks (y) loving the VPN too, much kudos to you and your team.
I posted in here pretty much at the same time as you did it seems:cool: